By developing a farm plan by an Accredited Farm Manager*, Land Pro successfully manages over 13,000 acres of farmland in Illinois and Indiana for absentee landowners, investors and bank trust departments.
- In accordance with generally accepted agricultural practices specific to the area where a farm property is located, Land Pro provides the following professional farm management services.
- Negotiate and obtain farm leases in the owner’s name
- Enforce the terms of the lease
- Manage the fiscal aspects of the farm
- Review current insurance coverage and recommend changes
- Advise the owner about participating in government programs, if applicable, and then complete the necessary program documentation
- Arrange for repairs, proper maintenance and capital improvements with the owner’s approval
- Inspect the farm at least semi-annually and provide a written or oral report
- Monitor annual crop production yield, fertilizer treatment (including limestone), planting and harvesting dates and tillage methods
*The American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraiser awards the Accredited Farm Manager designation to a qualified applicant after successfully completing an extensive series of education programs and examinations.
Additionally, the Illinois Society of Professional Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers provides members with quality education, an exacting code of business ethics and an opportunity for interaction with professional peers.